Thursday, June 14, 2012

Walmart Haul!

While this isn't my first haul, it's the first one I really wanted to share because I got some awesome awesome things.

I know this is the first post of this blog, and maybe an introduction is in order? But I thought I'd start out with a bang and do a haul/first impressions for you.

Enjoy!


 I'll start with the normal/semi-boring stuff first.
I restocked my Biore strips, but got the combo pack. I think my cheeks could use some of the love. I've been using these for YEARS and they haven't failed me yet.
$8.97 at Walmart


 Swisspers! Haha I like the name. I've never used these before actually, I've just removed makeup with pre-moistened wipes like Pond's (well, the Walmart generic alternative) but I saw a video on how to remove waterproof makeup on youtube, and the girl used these things, and I was like hey why not? They have a cottony, quilted side, and a soft flannely side. I plan to use these with the makeup remover below.
$1.98 at Walmart 

 Gosh it's hard to see the label!! Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Makeup Remover. for WATERPROOF makeup. I'm glad I caught that and didn't buy the other type for washable makeup!! So of course, being the kind that takes off waterproof makeup, it has all sorts of oil in it. But that's okay. I'm tired of scrubbing at my eyes with a makeup wipe to attempt getting my liquid eyeliner and waterproof mascara off! I haven't tried it yet, but i tested a bit on my finger and it feels like some Covergirl makeup remover I had when I was younger- the oily feel. We'll see how this holds up when I take off my mascara tonight.
$4.24 at Walmart


 Haha I'm so silly posting the underwear I got. But really, Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are the best. They're comfortable, 100% cotton, and inexpensive. I've honesty gotten underwear from Victoria's Secret that doesn't feel as comfortable or lasts as long as these. The elastic in a couple pairs of those actually digs into my hips. Who wants a red mark in your leg at the end of the day? Not me. When I saw these, my first thought was literally "OMG. ZEBRA." It's also kinda funny that I'm a 6 in panties because I'm a *coughcough* in jeans. But yay I can throw away some panties that have stretched out elastic and holes or whatever! I love how extra superduper fresh and clean I feel when I have new underwear! Haha.
$8.87 at Walmart (pack of 6)


 My pajama shorts used to be pants. Then they got too short and I cut them into capris. Then I got annoyed with that and cut them into shorts. And they are SO old. Haha! While I was making my way to the underwear area I spotted these. No Boundaries pajama boxers. Summery pretty colored, cotton pj shorts! And they're woven so they'll stay cooler. I love these colors- blue, teal, yellow. I'm wearing them right now! Sooo comfy!
$4.96 at Walmart


 
 I was looking for coconut scented body butter because I've noticed it does WONDERS for my freshly shaven legs- better than just lotion. The kind I was considering was a bit expensive in my opinion, so I browsed the body dream/lotion/body butter and came across this, Bodycology Nourishing Body Cream which was my two favorite scents in one! And it's a body cream instead of a lotion. Very creamy and rich and it smells wonderful!
$3.97 at Walmart


 Speaking of coconut being my favorite scent, I was out of Softlips, my all. time. favorite. lip. balm. :) Seriously the softest smoothest balm you can put on your lips. and amazing scents, too! This pack was Coconut Cream and Cherry. So when I saw a pack with coconut in it, I HAD to get it! Yum yum!
$2.97 (pack of 2) at Walmart


 It's amazing that I've never bought one of these Wet n Wild Color Icon trios before! They're talked up with youtube gurus so much, I thought I'd try one. It's been said that they've improved their formula and that the colors are quite pigmented and some are even considered dupes for higher end eyeshadows like MAC. I got this trio in Sweet As Candy. Looks like the perfect everyday go-to combo. I swatched the shadows and they are definitely pigmented and soft and shimmery without chunky glitter. (I hate chunky glitter when I'm not looking for it) I can't wait to try this in a look tomorrow! I'll do a post on a look I do with the other makeup items I bought today. :)
$3.12 at Walmart

 So, I subscribe to emails from 
Covergirl, and I received a printable rebate form for $10 off when you buy $20 of the Covergirl and Olay products. Great deal right? It's like getting one product free! One of the items I chose was the Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation and Serum. The bottle itself is super lightweight, which says good things about the foundation. I tried some on the back of my hand and it feels creamy yet light, and the finish is not oily or shiny, but not matte, either. Hopefully, this will do something for the fine lines on my forehead. We'll see after a bit of use! 
Fun fact: I'm normally the lightest shade of anything I buy in the foundation/concealer section. but I picked up the last existing bottle of the lightest and it had been opened, and the pump had makeup all over it. Ugh. No thanks. So I opted for the second lightest which is 110 Classic Ivory here. It's not much different than the other one, looking at the bottles, and I think this will actually be a good match for me. 
$12.98 at Walmart


This was the other half of the Covergirl + Olay products that I bought. Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush I'm colormatched on the Covergirl website and it told me that this shade 210 Rich Cinnamon was the one for me. I looked at the other three colors, thinking... I want something pinker... But the color in the jar is deceiving. I swirled some with my finger and tested it on the back of my hand and got a pretty pretty peachy rosy shade! I don't think they should have named it "cinnamon".
$11.44 at Walmart


OK...Impulse buy time. I was looking for a french tip white and of course the SHINY thing caught my eye. Sally Hanson Gem Crush. There were several colors in this polish, and the display said "full coverage glitter" (!!!!!!) Really. I'm sick of wanting glittery nails but having to put on about 4 coats for the result I want. I tried this on a thumbnail and it totally lived up to its claim. Only two coats did the trick! This color is 07 Lady Luck. It's a really pretty dark pinkish red glitter with larger silver glitter throughout.
$6.24 at Walmart




  Simply U. A brand I have never heard of. I wonder if its new? I was looking for sulfate-free shampoo and I was about to get this kind that claimed to be organic but wasn't. Just browsing around, I saw these with BIG TAGS advertising sulfate AND paraben free! And for color-treated hair! Am I in Heaven?? Not only that, but for about the same price as the other I was looking at, I got 25.4 oz. of product! I have short hair, so these will last me FOREVER! I cannot wait to try them.
$5.47 each at Walmart


 

 

 

 

This concludes my epic Walmart haul! 

More detailed reviews and pictures of the makeup in use coming soon! 



<3 Andrea 

No comments:

Post a Comment